30 November, 2011

New Reader? Start at the beginning.
Game Master

Having come to a loose consensus that the goblin cave is the first priority but that everyone is willing to follow Nills into the mountans later, the party sends Med as its unwilling delegate.

Nills listens to what Med has to say, but is a bit surprised by the notion that better equipment is needed.

"I do confess that I have very little experience in, um, in the mountains." He also seems to have very little experience with people actually listening to what he says. A bit flustered, he goes on. "Perhaps you could draw up a detailed list of what you think will be necessary? I will see about acquiring it all. I would, indeed, be easier in my mind if I saw Her Ladyship back to Featherstone in person. I will return in seven days."

"But see, um, see here, Wizard. Don't you and your people go stirring up trouble while I'm away. I don't want any... that is, I don't think," He pauses. "This quest is too important to bungle. Pral seems a straight-forward fellow, but your other friends have a rough look about them. I'm all for putting down the goblins, or whatever they supposedly are, but the whole business smells wrong to me. Clegg and I will make the journey into the Wild alone if... if, ah... well if need be."

With this vague warning he walks off, moustache quivering.


The night passes stormily, but by sunrise the sky is clear. The temperature has fallen considerably, and the wind, now out of the east, is brisk and raw. At breakfast, you are wondering how to pass word up to Brother Landrau, when he steps in the door unbidden.

"I heard the supplicants of the Oracle had returned safely, so I figured it was time to see about these goblins." He seems impatient, not exactly nervous, just flushed with the thrill of what might lie ahead.

The hike back up the road to the rock pile is cold and muddy. Upon arrival Elendil climbs up the rocks to see how things look. A moment later, he is back down, whispering, "The rock we used to block up the hole. It's gone."

Ben: I feel like I've rushed things a bit here. Feel free to make any preparations you want back at the inn or correct any misunderstandings I've had about plans. In particular, it might be a good idea to post a list of the equipment each of you are carrying--once inside the cave the details might matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment