6 October, 2011

New Reader? Start at the beginning.
Pral

Pral looks to Talia and her hair in particular, "Do you know you have some sticks in your hair?" he asks in an almost innocent manner, as if Talia may not have noticed.

"I'm stopping here and having some food and some wine." Pral pauses again, maybe waiting for a response, maybe working out the next sentence. "I have heard about the temple and how the elves....are. I reckon there will be treasure. I'll be willing protect you chaps if you'll....help me decide how to do it." Another pause for thought, "I ain’t no leader with brains and stuff, but I'll lead any battling." There again comes the almost innocent grin on Pral's massive face, as he clearly seeks acknowledgement, acceptance and approval from the others.

"I'll buy some wine" and he digs out a purse and rummages through its contents.

Mediocrates

"Pral, if you are going into the inn I will go with you to help bring back the refreshments." With a sigh, Med rises from his chair he gazes over his new companions, he doesn't make eye contact for long with Talia, though. Instead he fidgets a bit and looks off into the distance before speaking.

"Talia and Elendil, I am pleased to make your acquaintances. If you do decide to enter the inn I would suggest keeping a low profile. Thumbs' reaction may be typical of how the locals treat those in tune with nature, you will not get such a reaction from me though. I welcome your company and would gladly join you in a bit of adventuring. I will try to see if there are any people in the inn looking to hire on some adventurers or know of any jobs that we could do. I would appreciate some aid with that."

Taking a draw on his cigar he turns and heads for the front door of the inn alongside of Pral, his cup of mushroom wine still sits on the table untouched. However, it's neatly spaced between all of the other glasses and pitcher on the table. Also not a speck of cigar ash rests upon the table or chair where he was sitting.

Elendil

Elendil nodded. He took a draw on his mushroom wine and coughed. Looking to Talia, he smiles a smile of crooked teeth. "Atanar held druids in great respect. I never met one myself. Do you minister to plants and animals, or is there a greater presence with which you commune. It's sad that the elves here are violent. My hope is that perhaps there could be some sort of communication between us and them."

He drew three obsidian arrowheads from his pouch, "The last elves that I met, gave me these." A far away look grew in his eyes. He smiled his broken smile again, "Now that was a day that I will never forget..."

No comments:

Post a Comment