10 October, 2011

New Reader? Start at the beginning.
Talia

[To Thumbs, if she has a chance before he vanishes] "A bath?" She wrinkles her nose in disgust. "The beasts of the forest are proud of their scents; why should we be ashamed of ours?

[To Med] "Good to meet you, Med. Reckon you're right about my not going in there - why anyone would want to be trapped by four walls rather than earth and sky is beyond me anyway." She reaches into a pouch at her belt and extracts a gold coin. "But if you're going in, can you get me meat and drink?"

[To Elendil] "I guess I try to do for nature what I can. But most times, I reckon as she knows how to care for her own better than I ever could." She peers at the arrowheads curiously. "A fine gift. Me, I always thought elves were a myth, a dream of revenge nature dreams to herself for all the injuries man inflicts upon her. But when nature dreams, so she can create, and perhaps that dream is taken form again."

[To Pral] Talia smiles, tugging absently at one of the twigs in her hair. "That's the thing about living rough," she replies, her voice suddenly and surprisingly taking on the modulations and tone of the upper classes. "One simply cannot maintain proper appearances." Then her voice becomes her own again. "Thanks for your offer, Pral. If ever I need protecting, I reckon you're certainly the man for the job."

John: I think that's everyone!

Even as do the others, no doubt, Talia glances up quickly. Tilting her head, birdlike, to one side, she listens intently. Can she hear anything more that would provide any information? Either way, she looks to other others questioningly, before vanishing over the side of the porch again into the darkness.

John: I'm assuming she can make her way round outside to the buildings where the cry came from, in which case she'll see what she can see. If not, well, I guess she'll feel a bit stupid!

Mediocrates

Med looks up at the sound and sees Talia already springing into action.

"Talia, it would be best if you circled the buildings. If you come across anything keep an eye on it and we can help in tracking it down, but keep an ear open we may need your help. Let's go fella’s, someone stay close to me as I have a spell that will make you more potent in battle should it come to combat."

Med sets his mostly finished cigar on the edge of the table and jogs off the porch into the direction of the commotion, dart in hand. He's hoping the fighters will take the point in the battle because his robes will do little to stop weapons.

Pral

Pral carefully leaves the drinks on the table and takes up the huge broadsword. He pulls the blade from the scabbard and holds it before him like most would hold a short sword. He looks at the others as if to see what they are going to do. He watches Med set off for the source of the noise. Pral smiles, then reaches down and drains half a tankard of beer in one swig before following Med. In a few moments he is at his side.

"You do the thinking, I fight and protect you." He lopes easily at Med's side, light on his feet for such a large man.

Elendil

Elendil sets his teeth. Reaching down, he takes up his bow and sets off after Pral, short sword and dagger lashed to his legs. He peers into the gloom, waiting for a target to present itself. He fingers his arrows nervously, "Nature protecting itself..." he muttered. Calling to Pral, he says softly, "You pin 'em and I'll drop 'em."

No comments:

Post a Comment