28 September, 2011

New Reader? Start at the beginning.
Mediocrates

The silence at the table on the back porch remained that way for quite some time. The ravens got into a squawking match at the top of the tree across the road and still no one stirred. One of the members at the table, a man in a tan robe reached a hand into the folds of his garment and produced a cigar which he promptly lit with the candle from the table. Glancing among his peers at the table the neatly groomed man fidgeted a little before quietly clearinghis throat behind a clenched hand.

In a soft voice the man said, "Where I'm from the folks called me Med, I suppose you could do the same or call me by my given name of Mediocrates." smoke lazily rose from the cigar in the man's mouth. After a long pause and no one at the table speaking up the man continued.

"I have taken to the road to seek the fabled fame, power, and riches every red blooded adventurer craves. If you have use of a mage in your travels you could do far worse then me."

Taking a long draw on his cigar the man quietly settles back in his chair, leaving the glass of wine in front of him on the table still untouched. Staring out into the sunset he seems more then content to let someone else speak while he enjoys his cigar.

No comments:

Post a Comment